The HUNGAROKORR exhibitions have a long history dating back to 1970 the year of the first international corrosion protection exhibition organized by the Hungarian Federation of Corrosion (HUNKOR). The exhibition was already organized 15 times, sometimes as part of the international chemistry exhibition CHEMEXPO. The usual exhibition area was around 1000 m2, with 250 exhibitors.
The exhibition was always linked with a conference, thus HUNGAROKORR also served as a bridge between science and industry. Formerly HUNGAROKORR was organized by the National Development Agency (OMFB), partner companies, the Scientific Society for Mechanical Engineering (GTE), and the Hungarian Chemical Society (MKE), and lately by HUNKOR.